It might not be the most glamorous product you’ve ever seen but when it comes to versatility, convenience, and safety, the wall-mounted retractable belt barrier is a Clark Kent waiting to happen. A super hero among crowd control products, the wall-mounted retractable belt can block off access in seconds, redirect traffic in an instant, and prevent would-be mishaps in the blink of an eye. Don’t let the name fool you, these “wall-mounted” devices don’t have to be mounted to a “typical” wall. They can be mounted to any wall-like surface – a doorway entry, the sides of an escalator, a turnstile, theater seats, pillars, and so on. Any environment or situation that is known to require redirection or closure can make good use of wall-mounted retractable belts.
Here’s how it works:
- Wall-mounted retractable belt units are installed at opportune locations within your facility and a small belt receptacle is installed just opposite of it.
- Whenever needed, staff members simply pull out the belt and slide the end into the belt receptacle.
- Access is effectively closed off and easily re-opened when safe or appropriate.
- A variety of belt ends – standard, magnetic, s-hook, and Velcro – make these units extremely versatile.
Here are just some of the ways you can use these handy devices to enhance safety in your facility:
- Restrooms Doorless restrooms make for good customer flow and convenient entrances and exits, but there are times when they need to be quickly cordoned off for routine maintenance or closure.
- Escalators A broken-down escalator must be tended to instantly. Wall-mounted retractable belts at the top and bottom of these electric stairs keep customers safe.
- Elevators Elevator out of service? Caution tape gets the point across but it certainly doesn’t have any longevity. Belts make it clear when an elevator is closed for business.
- Stairways Securely attaching a belt to block off the entrance to a flight of stairs is an effective and efficient alternative to relying on staff members or makeshift cones or other haphazard barriers.
- Aisles Whether grocery store or theater, stadium or church, there are times when certain aisles must be blocked off for reserved seating or to make room for a clean-up. Get the message across with belts that are strongly in place.
- Register closures Service agent going on break? Just because the lane’s light is turned off doesn’t mean patrons are clear about a line’s availability. A cash register closure will be completely clear with a wall-mounted retractable belt in place.
- Corridor barriers Hotel corridor reserved for a celebrity, wedding guests, or remodel? Wall mounted belts make it easy to clarify what areas are off-limits to guests and which corridors are more than welcoming.
Talk to a Lavi crowd control expert about the ways in which wall-mounted retractable belts can enhance the security of your facility.